Sunday, February 22, 2009

Best Original Screenplay Oscar Winners




As long as I can remember I've always loved to watch the Academy Awards. I would have given a body part away at the chance to attend the ceremonies in Hollywood. Oh hell, who am I kidding? I'd still give a body part or two away at the chance...to walk (I'd be on my hands and knees...crawling) across the famous red carpet. Very heavy sigh.

It's a great honor to be nominated amongst the best of best in screen performance: acting, producing, directing, musical score, etc and of course one of the love's of my life - best screenplay. As a writer, and a lover of film, I dream of writing a screenplay that somehow finds its way into the hands of a producer and director that share my vision.

I know that I'm a dreamer and probably a little (okay, so A LOT) delusional, but if you stop dreaming, I think you die.

Tears of joy. Tears of pride. Tears of honor. Those are the tears that were streaming down my cheeks as I watched the Youtube video above: The Best Screenplay Oscar Winners from 1940-2007.

Enjoy the Academy Award ceremony tonight everyone -


Neve Black

2 comments:

Sommer Marsden said...

Swear it, I thought of you last night when I saw the snippets I did. I was lucky enough to come in when they announced that Heath had won and I got all watery eyed like most of the audience! Was very happy, there.

And I just watched you on AT's site. We do not have high speed here in the cave, but I got to see you at the library. Man, you were great. And so brave. And not hard to look at. And what size are your feet because I may come knock you down and steal your shoes.

Who said that?
xoxo
Sommer

Neve Black said...

You're so cute. I was dressed in a pink ball gown last night, pouring drinks, playing Oscar trivia and I was teary-eyed over both Penelope Cruz and Kate Winslet's wins! Girl Power!!

Yeah, that little video of my reading is getting around isn't it? I'm such a tramp.

Nikki's poems really resonated with me when I read them both. I love Alison (not in the weird way)and want to support whenever I can. That goes for you too, Missy Pants.

Size 6 on the shoes. Naughty Monkey on sale via Amazon...super inexpensive.