Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Give Yourself a Hand

I just learned that May is National Masturbation Month. No. I didn’t stutter. National. Masturbation. Month.

Earlier this month, I was talking about May Day and the beautiful flowers. Fuck May Day. I can’t believe how completely out of the pink, budding loop I’ve been. We're nearly half way through the month. Please forgive me, my loyal readers.

You’re probably wondering how in the world I stumbled upon or came (no pun) to learn about this bit of fanatical information, aren’t ya’? One word my friends, research. Hey, someone’s gotta’ do it.

Here’s what I found, just in case you’re interested to know how this all came (there it is again) about:

Masturbation Month was originally started in 1995 by a company called Good Vibrations to protest firing U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Joycelyn Elders. Elders was asked a question about safe sex and responded with, "Masturbation is something that perhaps should be taught." Sex education providers around the nation agreed with her but the conservative consensus did not and so she was canned. In lieu of that firing, Good Vibrations decided to rage war against the conservatives by bringing masturbation to the front lines; to make it a visible topic of discussion amongst Americans.”

Go figure.

If you haven’t already got your own groove on this month, please give yourself a hand and celebrate the sticky month of May, because it’s National Masturbation Month. Life rocks!

2 comments:

Mike Stewart said...

All hail National Masturbation Month! Y'all join in the festivities, ya' hear? Truly one of the joys of life! Hey I've been jacking off since I was 12 and I'm 67 now and still doing it. I ain't blind or crazy (yet) either so I guess my mom was wrong!

Enjoy...and may it always be May in your pants! More I cannot wish you my friends!

Neve Black said...

Fabulous comment from Mike! I would have to concur. Maybe we should lobby congress and make every month national masturbation month? Just a thought. I realize there are other pressing congressional matters, health care, the war, a presidential race to name a few, but I'd like to see more smiling faces in my day-to-day life. ;-)

Thank you for reading and please continue to check back in.

Neve