Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Popsicle Toes

When God gave out rhythm
Sure was good to you
You can add, subtract, multiply and divide by two
I know today's your birthday and I did not buy no rose
But I wrote this song and instead I call it, Popsicle toes
Popsicle toes
Popsicle toes are always froze
Popsicle toes
You're so brave to expose all those Popsicle toes…”


I’m not sure what made me think about toes, but whenever I’m in a toe frame of mind, I tend to think of the song above; performed and written by Michael Franks. Mrs. Elvis Costello, aka, Diana Krall does a great job performing the song as well, but it’s Michael Frank’s performance that gives me those goose bumps that run right down to my little piggies; highly erotic.

So, since I’m on the subject of erotica, lets get back to those ten digits that live below the waist line, knees and ankles. I'm talking about yep, your toes. I affectionately refer to my toes as “space toes” because they remind me of ten little space men; bent, flat-headed, some long, some short, you know, space toe looking. Actually I don’t think I’ve ever met a single toe that I would consider to be perfect looking. They’re all so oddly shaped. I try and help mine out; keep up appearances by giving them pedicures, or toe makeovers, but even with pretty, painted “take me to bed red” toe polish, they still scream up at me saying, “take me to your leader, we’re from outer space.”

I like toes because it’s the one thing that people don’t try too hard to change about themselves. You certainly don’t hear (or I haven’t heard of it) about toe liposuction, or toe implants, do you? Nope. For some good reason people are just happy to dress their little devils up from time to time with a simple toe nail clipping or some inexpensive polish and just let them be who they are.

The next time you see someone out and about with there toes exposed, ask them if you can take a taste; just pop one of those popsicles into your mouth and let me know what you think. Summer is just around the corner; flip flop season is upon us, so you’ll be seeing a lot more toe exposure than the past winter months, when they were covered up with socks and shoes.

Do you have any popsicle toe stories? I’d love to hear them.

No comments: