Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day. Most people have the day off, unless of course you’re in some line of work that you can’t “call off” from work. Writers fall into that group. Writer’s across the nation are pulling off the warm covers; leaving behind snuggle-land ready to face the day with thoughts like, “must blog; can’t wait.” “Must finish deadline, must finish…” I think they must be close to finding a cure for those of us that write. Thank fuck sakes.

For a lot of people, Memorial Day means backyard BBQ’s and partying like rock stars for three straight days, because for many of us (including myself) Memorial Day is the celebration of the beginning of summer; the nod from Jackie O that says, it's acceptable to wear white shoes.

I’m going to get a little sappy here, because I want to say thank you to all the men and women that lost their lives fighting for their countries. I’m not a supporter of any war, but I’m taking a moment today; thinking about all the people that went to work, instead of having the opportunity to grill outside; spending time with family and friends. They fought for me; giving their life so I can have mine. Thank you.

No comments: