Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'd like to thank the Academy...

...and I'm ready for my close up Mr. Demille.... Okay. I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but I do have great news to share:

I wrote a short story called The Rusty Nail, and it's being published in an anthology by Oysters and Chocolate; backed by Penguin publishing. The book is scheduled to come out sometime in May, 2009.

Wait...there's more:

I've had the opportunity to get to know a very talented and well respected writer, Jeremy Edwards this year. I learned that his work is also going to be in this publication. I told him I was so happy knowing my work will be snuggled in between the pages with his work. Check out his blog and all the really cool and interesting things he's been up to this year.

A big thank you to my oldest friend and in my opinion, a literary genius, Rebecca Geiler, aka RK, my editor. She's helped me from the very beginning by editing these stories that are now coming to fruition. I deeply appreciate her support of my writing and her friendship over the last, hmmm...35 years.

I also need to mention John Ettorre in this post. John has stepped in and read my work as a literary second pair of eyes; offering his professional expertise. John Ettorre is an emmy winning writer with more than 20 years of writing experience. He's a friend that has been both encouraging and supportive of my writing career. Thank you for taking the time in your already busy and prosperous life to edit my smut related topics. ;-)


Ciao
Neve

p.s. The earrings above can be purchased via Etsy here. They're so gorgeous.

4 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

Big congrats on all accounts, Neve.

Your recent accomplishments are well deserved!

Neve Black said...

Craig,
Thank you so much. This is a first for me, so when I received the e-mail, I just cried. I was so happy.

I've only ever wanted to write for as long as I can remember. I'm finally doing it and hell, I'm actually getting somewhere. It's nice, you know?

I appreciate your sentiment. It means a lot.

Jeremy Edwards said...

First, let me apologize for getting so far behind that I'm only reading this now. Ready?

Eek! I'm like 10 days behind the curve. Sorry!!

Second, thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful shout-out! I was thrilled when I heard you'd be in this book, too. So I'm clinking your champagne flute now, and I look forward to clinking it again in May!

P.S. My spamword is iamtcwep. Gee, am I really such a tcwep?

Neve Black said...

Kiss, kiss to all. ;-)