Saturday, August 9, 2008

Chariots of Fire

You'd have to be living under a rock, or spending any free time you had at the museum, I suppose to not know the Summer Olympics had its pageantry on Thursday night; officially beginning Beijing 2008 on Friday, 8-08-2008.

Each and every athlete participating in these physical events regardless of what country they represent are our heroes and heroines. We will all tune in (including myself) at some point to watch as these athletes push their bodies to extremes...to view their superb physical conditioning...to cheer them on as the sweat pours off their bodies; striving to win a medal and achieve their personal best...to see their taut ripples; the flex and point of each well developed muscle...on every part of their bodies....

Whew. Damn. Is it hot in here, or what?

I have my favorite Olypic sporting events. I'm sure you do as well. I love Badminton. Among other extracurricular activities I've been involved with over the years, I played on the girl's badminton team; back in the day. I remember how cute the uniforms were; putting my cheerleading pom poms to shame. We of course played with rackets and birdies (insert shuttlecock). One of my first boyfriends, was not only a fantastic short board, surfing jock, but he also won the state championship for boys badminton. We didn't mess around when it came to our shuttlecocks, in Cali.

Enjoy watching all your favorites and of course, GO USA.

Ciao
Neve

No comments: