Thursday, November 20, 2008

Feeling the love, baby...

I'm not really sure why the ugly topics of jealousy and cut-throat competition have crossed my path more than once this week, but for some reason they have. I try and rise above that shit as much as possible. Sometimes however, when I hear about it touching others, I take it as a sign to spend a couple minutes and marinate in the subject, so I can then express my thoughts about it here with you.

As stomach churning, buzz killing and non-orgasmic as it is, it would be utter insanity to think that we live in a world that doesn't exhibit forms of hatred. We do, boys and girls. Just like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz though, we each wear those same ruby slippers that empower us to think smarter and fight back against things like jealousy and cut-throat competition, which stems from hate and those evil green witches of the world. We're each faced with choices everday day. What choice you make really does make a difference in making the world a kinder, loving place. You have a choice: spread love, spread hate, or hell, just spread your legs and the love will come (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist).

If you think what I'm saying is bullshit, then I challenge you to stop fighting against the rage around you. Stop looking for the bad, but instead look for the kindess and lovingness in those that are offering you their guidance, their love and their support and then give that back to someone else. Do it for 30 days and then come tell me if the world doesn't somehow feel a whole lot nicer - And guess what? You had something to do with it.

John Lennon said it best in his famous Imagine lyrics, which by the way, I saw the original version he chicken-scratched at the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame a few years ago. Goose-pimples. I still pick up my guitar and play this tune from time to time. I'm spreading the love with my bad guitar playing ways:
Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us - Above us, only sky
Imagine all the people, living for today
Imagine there's no countries - It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for, and no religion too
Imagine all the people, living life in peace
You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions - I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger -A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world
You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

One last thought - Baby, it's a lot colder outside than it is in here with us that love and care...won't you please come over and stay awhile...?

Namaste,
Neve

No comments: