Sunday, December 21, 2008

Red Carpet

No, that isn't a picture of my shiny, new dildo. That's Oscar (swoon). He's a handsome gold, devil isn't he?

We're moving into that time of the year when certain films receive a nod, or a wink from the Academy Awards (Motion Picture Arts and Sciences). I try and go see the top Oscar nod/wink films each year. Last year, Daniel Day Lewis's won an Academy Award (Oscar) for best actor in the film, There Will Be Blood. His performance in that film still sends shivers down my spine.

Last night I went and saw a film that has received a wink/nod from the Academy, Slumdog Millionare. I enjoyed the film. I'll refrain from too much commentary, because as much as I like to think of myself as a paid film critic, I am not. Let's just say, I would recommend this film to those that are trying to step out (break free) from watching mainstream Hollywood movies and move into less filtered, independent films. You'll enjoy the cultural experience, and I would be remiss if I didn't say, just like erotica, this film also has a happy ending (wink and nod).


See you at the movies-
Neve

p.s. If you won an Oscar, where would you display it? Library? Kitchen counter-top? Maybe on top of the commode? Hmmm...think about it and let me know.

No comments: