Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back to the Oscars...



In Bruges was the film I saw this week. This film was on my list of films to see prior to Colin Farrell's Golden Globe win last Sunday for best actor in a comedy. Colin has a bad boy reputation around Hollywood for excessive drinking and slipping in and out of various starlet's panties. Hmmm...who hasn't done that from time to time? He hasn't gained much respect with critics for his reputation as an actor either. Regardless of whose panties he's removed, or how much booze he's consumed, his performance in this film was excellent.

Pulp fiction meets the odd couple is one way to describe this little gem of a flick. It's dark. It's violent. It's also very well written. The humor that runs throughout the movie cleverly brightens the insipid horror of two assasin's lives; leaving a golden (globe) hue of wit and charm.

Neve gives In Bruges a thumbs up!

p.s. I had good intentions of slipping out of my own panties and into my lipstick pink Oscar gown last night - I was going to have one of my dinner guests snap a picture of me in it, so I could show all of you today. Time, conversation, music and my dear friends, salt, lime and tequila railroaded my intentions.

No comments: