Monday, April 14, 2008

Is there a Fuck without U?

I think today’s blog title demonstrates how words have more than one meaning. What does it mean to you?

From a literal standpoint, you can’t spell the word fuck without the letter U, but for me, it reads, “Baby, I only want to fuck you,” conjuring up romantic feelings. I don’t think it has anything to do with the fact that the man in my life is fucking hot, and he fucks me well. Then again, maybe it does. Maybe for someone else it reads, “I've learned it's possible to fuck someone else without you;” translation: Dear John letter.

I love the imagery words provide; always subjective and thought provoking.

Words are a powerful tool, much like sex. One false word; one wrong fuck and hell, you could be headline news history. If you think I’m kidding, check out the political arena.

p.s. Today’s title must be credited to Alison Tyler. She’s one of my erotica writer/editor heroes. I love the way her mind works and I can relate to her writing style. I find certain characteristics of her writing within myself. In some way she’s opened my proverbial Pandora’s Box; freeing the use of words like, slut, tramp, whore, cunt, cock, fuck, pussy, etc. and I’m forever thankful to her for that.

p.s.s. Scrabble letter's F.U. made into cuff links above: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10897597

No comments: