Thursday, July 10, 2008

More Sex at 70?

Is it possible that your grandma and grandpa are having more sex than you or I? Nah....That can't be true.... Could it? Well, it could be, based on your current sexual status and the article I stumbled upon yesterday:

"When it comes to sex, grandma and grandpa are having more of it these days, new Swedish research suggests. According to the study, the last quarter century has seen a dramatic rise in the frequency of sex among the 70-year-old set, whether married or unmarried. And as an added bonus, seniors today (particularly women) say they're much more satisfied with their liaisons than the previous generation -- facing less sexual dysfunction and feeling more positive about the experience."

Go Grandma, go Grandpa, go! Yowza!

There's a huge part of me that loves getting older. I. Swear. I'm. Not. Lying. I like the fact that I'm comfortable being in my own skin, even if it's not quite as supple as it was 20 years ago. I see the world differently now too. Sure, I'm still trying to take on things much greater than I can possibly manage, but I'm smarter about it; I make smarter decisions, even though I've always been a smart-ass.

I like the fact that I still wear a size 2 petite; and I look like I did when I graduated from High School. Okay, so there are a few more wrinkles on my face then there were back then, and okay, I don't have my hair styled to look just like Farrah Fawcett's anymore (but that's a good thing). Okay, okay, okay, damn..., so I may struggle a bit riding a wave into shore now, but...hey, I can fuck a lot better than I did when I was younger because I had less experience, and that definately gives me some getting older bonus points, right?

No one should ever feel badly about moving into their golden years, because clearly, studies show the golden years will be filled with golden showers. ;-)

Happy Getting One Year Older And Having More Sex To Everyone.


Ciao
NB


p.s. This blog is dedicated to my brother who lives in San Diego and today is his birthday.

2 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

July's a cool month to have a birthday. ;-)

Getting older is a good thing.

Beats the alternative.

Neve Black said...

You must be a cancer crab, eh?

H20, H20 everywhere. I'm a November birthday; making me a Scorpio, which is also water.

Thanks for your comment.