Sunday, January 11, 2009

Golden Globes


I'm not talking about a woman's pair of forever tanned and tempting ta-ta's, or kissed-from-the-California-sun, cheeks of her tight ass. I'm not referring to the glorious set of melt in your mouth, globes that hang between, "oh yes, there is a God!" a man's legs either. I'll admit, the words, Golden Globes does conjure up a certain sexual connotation and you can't help but think of those fun, loving body parts, huh? Ahhh, come on, tell me I'm wrong about that?

The Golden Globes are made up of Hollywood's Foreign Press Assoc.(HFPA). Golden Globe winners in film are generally Oscar winners too. Thus, Golden Globes are the pre-Academy Award awards. There's also the Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG) for cinema artists too. Yeah, I know, three award ceremonies. It's what and how they do things in Hollywood: BIG, really, really BIG. You'd think one award ceremony for the beloved world of cinema would be enough. Tsk, tsk, tsk, to me for ever thinking that would be acceptable.

Golden Globes start tonight at 8:00 p.m. EST. I may have to unhook the doo-hooky on my television and readjust the thingamajig in order to watch. Here's my prediction: Slumdog Millionaire will win. Care to wager? Maybe a chance to peek at my Golden Globes, if you show me your Oscar...? :-)


I'm ready for my close-up now, Mr. Demille -
Neve Black

p.s. Next week I'm going to share an image of my Oscar party dress with you. It's pink and perfect. It was a little more than I usually spend - $12.00, but I think it was worth every penny.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol -- have you had the experience of automatically registering certain words and phrases as their sexual meaning in everyday conversation? And temporarily forgetting that everyone doesn't go around talking about sex so casually? I hear someone say she's going to get a facial at a spa, and for a second I think, "Wow, she was really casual about dropping that information! Awesome!" before I realize a few seconds later that she did not mean she was going to go have a man come all over her face. :)

Neve Black said...

Emerald! Yes, I find myself writing something and then adding, the words, "I can't believe I just wrote that!" afterwards in parenthesis. I guess it's possible every reader doesn't connotate sex into each word, sentence the way we do, huh?

Thanks for stoppiing over and thanks for commenting. :-)

Neve Black said...

Hi Kirsten,
Because the Golden Globes (those lovely things that earrings dangle from) are made up of Hollywood's Foreign Press Assoc, it wasn't too difficult to know that Slumdog Milionaire, an Indian movie would be the big winner last night.

I cried when Kate Winslet won for best supporting (Reader) and best actress (Rev. Road). She was sooooo good in both films.

Yes, I will slip into the pink Oscar gown and give everyone a peek. It's one of those dresses that even the uggliest duckling could manage to look swell in. :-)

Anonymous said...

There's a country song called -- no shit -- "Bob That Head." !!! The first time I heard it I was like, "Whoa -- are they saying what I think they're saying?!" I then determined that it is apparently referring to bobbing one's head with the music, but I can tell you that's not what I first thought of when I heard the phrase!

Okay, sorry to further hijack your discussion of the Golden Globes -- carry on! :)

Neve Black said...

Please feel free to run interference with comments anytime, Emerald. I appreciate it!

...I need to get back to bobbing my head now....:-)

Anonymous said...

"I need to get back to bobbing my head now"

LOL!